2018 is here…and with it comes the overwhelm I always feel. Excited to begin so many new things, but the tendency to pile them all onto my plate at once…well…
Here is the list right now in my mind…
- clean the house
- walk daily
- write daily
- create amazing meals
- take photos
- knit hats
- daily art journal
- sign up for on-line art classes
- run e-courses…and market for them
- set schedule for lunch dates with friends
- …and on and on…
I want to do all of this NOW and do it all extremely well. I want a practice set into place NOW! I want a routine and schedule in place NOW and have it thriving and amazing. I want to have classes running to support many, many people in my tribe contributing to the learning and teaching I so love! I want to create and have a filled creative practice happening. I want it all and I want it now 😉
So what do I do when this overwhelm hits? Sit down with tea and read for hours and hours.
HA! Avoid and enjoy the quiet time of escaping into a great book (or 5).
I know I am not alone 🙂 Dear Reader, you are most likely smiling and nodding along with me here as we know like attracts like…what are you reading BTW? 😉
Now that I have shared a bit of my thinking with you, I will share what I need to do to actually create a practice that works, to take the time to create a consistent plan.
- Get out the calendar (perfect thing to do as the wheel of life turns toward the new year)
- Clarify what it is I truly wish to accomplish in the coming days, weeks and months
- Focus on clarity of purpose (Each AM, Each PM and overall creative projects)
- Stick to my morning routine (stay grounded in what I do each day; write, drink tea, exercise, gratitude practice…)
- Share with others (What e-courses fit best each month? How will I best connect with my tribe and support this creative process? When will I run classes? How will I market? Who would benefit and why?)
- Get support!
Also, to support this New Year’s journey, I will open the 21 Day Mini-Mastermind session. Let’s connect together to bring about a consistent practice that is just right for each of us. I would love to connect with you! We can hold ourselves accountable to our own creative work.
Plus, this supports my plan to create a consistent practice! How about you?! For more details, click here.
Enjoy these days! Hope you will join in!